|Posted by uniontwphistory on October 3, 2016 at 1:20 PM|
The Union Township Historical Society maintains the Caldwell Parsonage, 909 Caldwell Avenue, Union, New Jersey. Officers and trustees meet monthly. Members are invited to participate in all activities and programs.
The UTHS is grateful for the continued support of: Union’s Mayor and Township Committee, the Union County Office of Cultural and Heritage Affairs, the Union County Freeholders, and the New Jersey Historical Commission.
Activities and Programs
• Thursday, September 22, 7 pm at the Union Public Library, 1980 Morris Avenue: Tom Beisler and Tom Haggerty, UTHS Trustees, will reprise their original slide presentation, “Made in Union.”
• Saturday, September 24, noon to 5 pm: Visit the UTHS table at the “Welcome Fall Festival,” 6th annual Mayor’s Day (Arts, Crafts, Food, and Music Fest on Stuyvesant Avenue (between Morris Avenue and Vauxhall Road).
• Saturday, October 15 (10 am-5 pm) and Sunday, October 16 (noon-5 pm): Open House for Four Centuries in a Weekend, featuring our new exhibit—“The Presbyterian Revolution”—an appearance by Rev. James Caldwell (2-5 pm Saturday), colonial doll-making lessons, and colonial children’s games
• Saturday, October 22, 6:45-10 pm: NJ Paranormal will lead a ghost-hunting tour of the Parsonage—Session 1 (6:45-8:15 pm) and Session 2 (8:30-10 pm); tickets must be purchased in advance @ $10. Call 908-591-4377 to purchase tickets.
• Saturday, November 12, noon-6 pm: Enjoy Pub Crawl to 4 historic sites for apps, lunch, English pub fare, and dessert (cash bar); bus departs Burnet Middle School parking lot at 12 noon and returns at 6 pm; tickets must be purchased in advance @ $80 (includes $25 tax-deductible donation to UTHS). Call 908-687-7468 to purchase tickets.
• Sunday, December 11, 4-7 pm: Christmas Party for members and guests
• Sunday, January 15 and Sunday, January 29 (2-5 pm): Open House
• Sunday, February 12 and Sunday, February 26 (2-5 pm): Open House
• March, April, and May programs TBA
• Monday, May 29, 10 am: Marching in Township of Union Memorial Day Parade
• Sunday, June 4: Commemoration of Hannah Caldwell Day (June 7)